Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Impressions

Impressions. There are lots of variables to them. There are 'first impressions', 'lasting impressions', 'bad impressions' and more. And lately I find myself thinking and wondering about peoples impressions of me. Are they good? Are they bad? Have people I once knew forgotten about me?
I am pretty certain of some of the impressions some people out there have of me- my dad thinks I eat mounds of chocolate everyday and that I sleep till noon (I dont), my sisters think I never cook or dont care to cook (I do), pretty sure my mom thinks I never clean my house lol (just about everyday). Then there are those who I wonder- people I see in passing while out with my kids- do they see my kids being polite and loving to eachother and people around them- or have they caught us on a bad day and therefore think my kids are rotten and I am a bad mother? Better yet- does that old man I encountered in the Trader Joes parking lot who thinks I purposely allowed my car door to bump into his truck and went all out yelling at me- really think that I am a rude inconciderate person like he said?

I know that in the end- none of these impressions really matter (sorry mom) because my future isnt up to them- thankfully none of these people choose whether I live or I die in the end. I have to trust that I am a good person. I have to trust that Jehovah sees me trying and is able to read all my thoughts of what I want to be doing and that I want to do better - for me and for my kids. My life is an organized chaos at best- sometimes it is just utter chaos and I find that I am dropping the ball and possibly disappointing people- I hope that they see it as temporary and that I am always trying- trying to be and to do better.

2 comments:

  1. What I (and the rest of the family) know for sure is that you are fun, loving, creative & fiesty - not to mention a GREAT mom, sister, daughter & friend! Rest assured that Mouse & I know you cook....it's just something to tease you about:) You've made one GOOD-LASTING-impression on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Impression is that you are trying to desperatly achieve my uber awesome status in the blogosphere by copying my hugely popular and successful blog http://toothlesscycle.blogspot.com/
    at which I have chronicled the life lessons and struggles as a white male in this oppresive and cruel society that we are forced to live. . nay . . . merely survive in.

    Nice try my hot litte red headed girlfriend. . . nice try indeed.

    ReplyDelete